02/11/12 until some time in 2013 (when the new shop opens?) – My work is currently on one of the illustrated hoardings outside Foyles Bookshop, Charing Cross Road, LONDON.
24/10 – 22/11/13 – REFRAME at the Free Word Centre, LONDON. Exhibition of comics commissioned on the theme of contemporary attitudes to Europe, featuring artists from the UK (myself, ILYA and Dan Locke), Algeria (Sofiane Belaskri, Mahmoud Benameur and Soumeya Ouarezki) and Turkey (Naz Tansel, Murat Mıhçıoğlu and Cem Özüduru). Spoiler: I’m a massive Europhile.
PAST EVENTS (2013 onwards)
I put these here to prove to the publishers that I have been busy.
23/10/13 - Reframe Launch at the Free Word Centre, LONDON. There’ll be a panel discussion, which I’ll unfortunately have to miss most of as I dash over to be -
Very proud to be involved with the very first Lakes International Comic Art Festival, KENDAL:
- 19/10/13, 10.30am Writing Without Words, a workshop on doing just that. SOLD OUT
- 19/10/13, 10.00pm Rocking With Horror, a horror-based panel discussion with David Hine, Ravi Thornton and Ian Culbard, chaired by Alex Fitch.
- 20/10/13, 12.30pm Watch Them Draw, a live drawing session with Isabel Greenberg.
- I’ll also be helping judge the Young Persons Comic Art Competition and taking part in a rather good exhibition at The Castle Dairy from 16/09 – 10/11/13
17-22/09/13 Entreviñetas Festival, COLOMBIA.
10/09/13 The Special Relationship, LONDON – along with SJ Harris, Tom Humberstone, William Goldsmith AND Toby Litt. Will feature the premature debut appearance of my graphic-novel-in-progress, LIVESTOCK. Exciting, no? I’m excited.
05/09/13 Quick Strips, Brighton Digital Festival, BRIGHTON – I and a sterling line-up of graphic novelists (including Gareth Brookes, Darryl Cunningham, Joe Decie, Hannah Eaton, Ottilie Hainsworth, Julia Homersham, Jaime Huxtable, Chie Kutsuwada, Ben Naylor and Nye Wright) will be giving speed-of-light six minute presentations on our comickery.
I’ll be at Edinburgh International Book Festival’s Stripped, being one hotly anticipated celebration of comics spread out over 40 events:
- 24/08/13, 8.30pm - Modern Gothic Graphic Novels, a panel discussion with Gareth Brookes, chaired by David Bishop. Gareth will be launching his new book THE BLACK PROJECT, winner of the First Fictions prize, at this event. I’ve seen snippets: it’s brilliant, dark, and all kinds of wrong. I can’t wait.
- 25/08/13, 5.30pm - Amnesty International Imprisoned Writers Series, doing a reading alongside Jon McNaught and Garen Ewing.
- 25/08/13, 8.00pm - Sandman with Neil Gaiman. I’ll be interviewing the man himself on the new Sandman prequel and all things comics. Torn between acting like this is no big thing and buying a loud-hailer to shout it in the streets. Oh, who am I kidding? I’ll be right back.
13-14/06/13 - Glasgow Comic Con, GLASGOW: selling, signing, drawing, talking on panels. You know the drill.
5-07/05/13 - Graphic Medicine Conference, BRIGHTON: running a workshop on character development (as in developing characters, not personal development)
22/06/13 - ELCAF, LONDON: I’ll be perched on the Myriad table, selling books and trinkets. Come say hello.
30/03/13 - Dundee Comics Expo, DUNDEE